Monday, March 21, 2011

I need to keep pushing forward...


In the past 9 months, life has been incredibly challenging. I have gotten through a parent's worst nightmare by trying to keep perspective and appreciating that my son is still alive, everything else just really does not matter. The events of the past couple of days have really questioned my resolve. My son has hit a huge glitch in his recovery & I have honestly lost my perspective. I'm struggling to keep my chin up. My husband, my rock, he is not able to be a rock, he has hit his own wall. Our daughter, her brother's biggest cheerleader, she is struggling too! I'm hoping that this glitch he has hit will make us stronger. Right now I need that perspective & strength. We all do! I will continue to look at my boy & be so grateful he is alive, is it too much to ask that his struggles begin to diminish? Or, have I already had my miracle?
Hugs,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about how hard things are for you right now. I'm not in your shoes but I've got a son who is disabled and I know a little something about walls. Grit your teeth, keep blogging. I'll be thinking about you.

Pettit said...

Thank you for sharing with me & thinking about me! You give great advice, I will grit my teeth & keep blogging!
Hugs,
Katy