Saturday, March 31, 2012

SOLC 31

I am grateful to all of you! Yes, all of you, Two Writing Teachers Slice of Life March Challenge Writer's...This is my third year participating and my best year yet. This year I was able to take in so much more. I observed, I watched, I listened, I read, I tried things in my writing. I am in awe of all of you.

Things I learned in this challenge:

I entered this challenge with one goal, to write. I learned that I can do it! It is such a great feeling to set a goal and achieve it..

To try out things in my writing without fear or ridicule, there was always a friend to find something you didn't realize you had done well in your writing. This is the greatest group of cheerleaders you will ever have!

If you are thinking that issues in your life are unique, perplexing, confusing or overwhelming, write about them, someone out there has been through them or going through them and they will lend an ear or help you through.

Despite all the negativity in this country about teachers, we continue and are a profession full of compassionate, kind, creative, generous, loving individuals who want to make a difference and I am proud to walk among you!

Thank you Stacey and Ruth!
Hugs,

2 comments:

Deb Day said...

Despite all the negativity in this country about teachers, we continue and are a profession full of compassionate, kind, creative, generous, loving individuals who want to make a difference and I am proud to walk among you!" Love this line. I think if all the nay sayers about the state of education and those who think that teachers are people who couldn't succeed in other professions would read the posts of people in this challenge, they would sing a different tune!

Pettit said...

Deb, I completely agree with you...I don't know of another profession where individuals would spend countless hours talking about, writing about and working on ideas about their profession on their own time! Here we sit, on a Sunday engaged in conversation about our profession...I LOVE it! Someday, I only hope our country will wake up and realize we work with our countries most precious resources, our children and we do it readily because we love what we do...I look forward to reading and blogging with you more!